News From State Representative Dan Ugaste
As we continue to navigate the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, I want to thank you for your cooperation in staying home. I know that it is not easy, and that these can be trying times. I also know that our community is strong, and that we are all doing what we can to stay healthy and help our neighbors—especially those who may be at a higher risk of contracting the virus.
While my physical district office remains closed, we are still working. We are here for you should you need assistance with anything or if you have questions with state or community resources. You can best reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (630) 797-5530.
As a reminder, my website continues to have the most up to date information about COVID-19 and the responses from the CDC, IDPH, state agencies, updates from the Governor, and resources to help almost everything from senior citizens and schools to businesses.
In addition, in case you missed them, I wanted to pass along some important updates that may be of use to you and your family:
- If you feel sick, check out this helpful guide.
- If you are healthy and looking to volunteer, here is a great resource. Also, our local food bank is open! Northern Illinois Food Bank is a great resource for those in need and they are working hard to support our community throughout this crisis. If you are healthy and wanting to volunteer, reach out to them. They can use your help! They are also still accepting donations. Find out more on that here.
- If you are experiencing job disruption, this page can guide you in filling out a claim for unemployment benefits. The Illinois Department of Employment Security has seen a huge volume of unemployment claims. My office has been working with them and have been told by the Legislative Director at IDES that they are upgrading their systems to better handle this influx. Additionally, House Republicans are urging the Governor to do more and think of using different means so that people can get their benefits.
- There are job openings available and the current list of some, but not all, companies hiring during COVID-19 is here.
- The filing deadline for Illinois income tax returns has been extended to July 15, 2020. Find out more information from the IDOR here.
- Emergency Assistance Programs from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) are available for small businesses. More on thathere.
- There is an urgent need for blood donations. If you are healthy and able to donate, please consider doing so. You can help save a life!
Lastly, the Governor’s Stay Home Order remains in effect and it is essential that we continue to follow it. In the meantime, I am working with the Governor and my colleagues in the General Assembly to help Illinois residents and businesses recover from this crisis as quickly and in the best way possible.
I wish you well and good health! Please reach out if you need anything.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.